HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
- Department: Operations
- Reports To (title): COO Office
- Location: Asuncion, Paraguay
FC Diez Media is looking for an experienced candidate to assume the role of Head of Communications within the Operations department of FC Diez Media to coordinate all aspects of corporate and commercial communication for FC Diez and to also advise the client (CONMEBOL) on corporate / communication strategies related to CONMEBOL club competitions The Head of Communications will work closely with the COO team, the FC Diez Media Sponsorship team (primarily based in Sao Paulo, Brazil) and the FC Diez Digital team (primarily based in Buenos Aires, Argentina) Operations teams and Sponsorship teams of FC Diez Media and closely with various departments within CONMEBOL to ensure a streamlined, timely and accurate communication strategy for FC Diez Media and CONMEBOL.
The successful candidate will be required to have a good background in corporate communication (ideally within the sporting environment), having worked within dynamic and consistently changing environments. Further to such experience the ideal candidate will have also worked with communications and PR agencies to develop long term communications plans and strategies. Finally, the successful candidate will have a keen and up-to-date experience with the operation and power of social media and have a good understanding in the interconnectivity of social media.
Working between the FC Diez Media offices of São Paulo, Buenos Aires and Asuncion and among the commercial partners of CONMEBOL Club competitions and with the Digital, Sponsorship and Operations departments of both FC Diez and CONMEBOL the Head of Communications will need to be organised and accurate in their day to day work but also be proactive to propose communication strategies for both organisations.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Oversee, propose and manage corporate and commercial communication regarding all new, existing and proposed commercial ventures of CONMEBOL Work closely with commercial partners of CONMEBOL club competitions to ensure timely and correct communication related to the sponsorship for the competitions.
- Work with CONMEBOL and FC Diez Media Digital teams to coordinate digital communications and digital strategies for both organisations. Link the digital teams of FC Diez Media and CONMEBOL to ensure timely and accurate digital communication.
- Develop new communication strategies for CONMEBOL related to sponsorship but also related to corporate messaging across multiple platforms.
- As required, recruit, brief lead and work with PR and communications agencies related to CONMEBOL club competitions
- Generate content which is interesting and engaging for a public environment but yet is accurate and well-coordinated internally.
- Using past marketing experience and/or experience in having worked with commercial sponsors of sporting events in helping them maximise and streamline communication opportunities around the CONMEBOL competition properties.
- Take advantage of existing regional and global network of contacts to help commercial and broadcast partners of CONMEBOL club competitions move their commercial initiatives across media outlets.
- Work with CONMEBOL, FC Diez Media and CONMEBOL commercial and broadcast partners on the promotion and development of the competition Finals.
- As necessary assist CONMEBOL and FC Diez Media in the communication around other CONMEBOL Club competitions such as CONMEBOL Women’s Libertadores and youth club competitions.
- University degree and previous experience in corporate communications ideally within a sporting and sponsorship environment
- Understanding of the commercial, administrative and political environment of a sporting confederation and ideally previous experience in working with a sporting governing body.
- Organized methodology of working due to the significant amount of detailed tasks and procedures required of the position.
- Knowledge of the sports sponsorship environment and key assets and deliverables in this environment.
- 5 to 7 years minimum of professional communications and / or PR strategy work.
- Skill to meet challenging topics with CONMEBOL commercial partners head-on but possessing a diplomatic capacity to come to positive resolutions.
- Experience in communicating across many digital platforms (i.e. twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Professional and competent spoken and written communication skill.
- Confidence with proposing communication strategies and organized in ensuring to have considered all possible consequences of a particular communication.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (Portuguese language skill is also desired)
- Flexibility to travel within South America.
- Calm and pragmatic approach to work but also a quick thinker and quick delivery of responsibilities in a dynamic working environment. Organised approach and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and uncertain environments and to adapt to the changing course of responsibilities and requirements.
- Patience and the ability to manage priorities and multiple requests with similar deadlines. A professional and calm approach towards external and internal customers.
- Positive attitude towards work, working in a dynamic team and able to contribute positively to a dynamic and changing working environment.
- Previous work with any one (or more) of the CONMEBOL commercial partners in any capacity.
- Knowledge of sports broadcasting and technical experience in the set-up and delivery of broadcasting of professional sporting events.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
FC Diez Media maintains offices in Asuncion, Paraguay, Sao Paulo, Brazil and in Buenos Aires Argentina. The headquarters and main operational office of FC Diez Media sits in Asuncion and also acts as the main liaison between FC Diez Media and CONMEBOL. The office in Sao Paulo has a Marketing and Sponsorship delivery focus and the office in Buenos Aires is heavily involved in the success of the Broadcasting and Digital environments of CONMEBOL Club Competitions.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.