SR. PRODUCTION MANAGER - Not longer accepting applications
JOB PURPOSE (SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?)
This position requires a natural leader who has an excellent eye for detail, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once.
He/she will be responsible for managing the relationship with service providers in each region and supervise all game production assignments for each match day.
Will OVERSEE various aspects of game production and original programming and coordinates all elements associated with the broadcast of live soccer events, including scheduling, liaison between editorial, operations and engineering departments, supports all the logistical, financial, and operational needs for studio and/or remote sports production.
Overseeing content, assisting and coordinating the working elements of the production process, this position will lead in developing new techniques to broadcast in all FC Diez Media platforms.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Coordinate all technical production activities and resources, including personnel, studio, control room, venues and equipment availability.
- Schedule live game crews.
- Use (Newsroom Computer System) to create and edit the rundown
- Oversee and facilitate production elements, including graphics, music, and all other related presentation elements.
- Coordinates and communicate all technical and staging requirements to the production crew on site, such as satellite windows, fibers, up link truck.
- Keeps production planning organized, and updates various internally and externally shared documents.
- Facilitates timely information flow between various internal departments, client venues, vendors, asset managers, freelance and crewmembers.
- Works closely with the Unit Managers, Crew Schedulers, and Travel Coordinators to help manage the freelance crews and associated paper flow to support the production.
- Attends meetings and takes detailed notes, as needed.
- Remains flexible to successfully see a project to its completion, on time and on budget.
- Accountable for the content quality.
- Coordinates the full scope of producing activities of a large full time, temporary and/or matrixed staff of producers and other professionals accountable for program development and production.
- Directs Production Coordinator and Production Assistant in all aspects of the production of assigned live games and events.
- Tracks and reports on production schedules and budgets for assigned FC Diez Media live games.
- End to end management of production, including developing production schedules, determining production approach and efficiencies, sourcing and collaborating with shooters and editors, and managing budgets.
- Foreseeing complications, making quick creative and logistical decisions, and troubleshooting on the fly.
- Uses a high level of mastery of sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of each assigned games.
- Plans, directs and manages the creation and writing of compelling content for each assigned game.
- Conducts the performance review process for direct subordinates; makes input to other executives into these decisions for personnel “matrixed” into sports news; conducts the performance review process for assigned Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants.
- Lead the development of all of the creative concepts for each assigned sports news show.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?)
- Experience in Live Sporting Events
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in production, TV studio and control room and onsite at the production remote unit.
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate and clear instructions
- Comfort using highly technical systems including Grass Valley switchers, Calrec Audio, VizRT systems, Playback Devices (Avid Airspeed, EVS), INEWS Newsroom Computer System (NRCS)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to perform well under pressure and live event situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-disciplined, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to comprehend extensive production operations schedules, see the “big picture”, and plan ahead accordingly.
- Must be willing to serve as a point of contact during evening and weekend events.
- Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
- Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
- Attention to detail and multitasking skills. You are a master of logistical planning and don’t let things slip through the cracks.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
- Team player
- Bilingual candidates with a fluency in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write) are strongly preferred.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.