Head of Event Operations - Not longer accepting applications
FC Diez Media is looking for an energetic, competent and experienced manager to assume the role of Head of Event Operations to oversee the deliverables of the various CONMEBOL Club Competitions within the scope of work FC Diez Media has with the confederation.
As Head of Event Operations the successful candidate will be required to manage an in-house team of event managers and on-site Managers across the continent to plan and deliver on-site event assets all CONMEBOL club competitions, primarily for the CONMEBOL Libertadores and CONMEBOL Sudamericana including the so-called “single finals” of these competitions.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Competitions department of CONMEBOL and with the Broadcast and Sponsorship teams of FC Diez Media to ensure successful event delivery of each and every matchday and create a unique team sprit between the departments.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Overall responsible for the success (based on specific KPI’s) of the commercial and event delivery of all matches of CONMEBOL Club competitions focused mainly on the CONMEBOL Libertadores and CONMEBOL Sudamericana including the so-called “single finals”.
- Recruit, train, brief and oversee a large team of Venue Managers who will be responsible to implement the commercial and event rights of competition commercial partners.
- Lead the Operations team of FC Diez Media and develop with this team and CONMEBOL working procedures, guidelines, manuals and operational objectives.
- Coordinate with and manage event suppliers in potential areas such as signage, ticketing, accreditation and event operations
- Work in close concert with CONMEBOL to support the development, operations and strategy of the “single finals” of CONMEBOL Libertadores and COMEBOL Sudamericana.
- Oversee the product development of the CONMEBOL Club competitions; proposing innovations, optimising the event calendars and developing ideas to further the financial and organisational success of the competitions
- Develop, oversee and maintain the production of all documentation necessary for competition stakeholders (i.e. Clubs, Commercial Partners, Broadcasters, Suppliers)
- Liaise closely with the Sponsorship department of FC Diez Media to support sponsorship development, sponsor activations on-site and to develop and implement corporate hospitality programmes for the in-season matches of CONMEBOL club competitions and at the “single finals”.
- Organise and deliver workshops for stakeholders such as Commercial Partners (in conjunction with the Sponsorship department) Venue Managers, suppliers and other stakeholders as required.
- Develop, modify and implement (through signage, branding and other elements as necessary) the brand of the various CONMEBOL club competitions as required.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in the sports event environment (preferably football). Ideal candidate will have worked in the sporting federation environment (as FC Diez Media works closely with a football confederation).
- Understanding of the commercial, sponsorship and broadcasting environment of major sporting competitions.
- University degree preferably in business administration and ideally with a focus on sports management / event management.
- Fluency (written, spoken, comprehension) in English and in Spanish and ideally with a good command of Portuguese.
- Flexibility to travel extensively to and within South America and potentially outside of South America as required.
- Calm and pragmatic approach to work but also a quick thinker and quick delivery of responsibilities in a dynamic working environment. Organised approach and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal. communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and uncertain environments and to adapt to the changing course of responsibilities and requirements.
- Tenacity to meet deadlines and complete projects and tasks no matter how challenging or complex.
- Proven leadership qualities and previous experience in leading, guiding and managing a team of colleagues both in-house and from a distance (i.e. Venue Managers).
- Previous experience in working directly in football in South America but not necessarily an association with CONMEBOL competitions.
- Knowledge of sports broadcasting and technical experience in the set-up and delivery of broadcasting of professional sporting events.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders (i.e. sponsors, broadcasters, suppliers) in the South American football and general sports environment.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
FC Diez Media maintains offices in Asuncion, Paraguay, Sao Paulo, Brazil and in Buenos Aires Argentina. The headquarters and main operational office of FC Diez Media sits in Asuncion and also acts as the main liaison between FC Diez Media and CONMEBOL. The office in Sao Paulo has a Marketing and Sponsorship delivery focus and the office in Buenos Aires is heavily involved in the success of the Broadcasting and Digital environments of CONMEBOL Club Competitions.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.