Tournaments Event Manager - Not longer accepting applications
FC Diez Media is looking for an energetic, competent and experienced manager to assume the role of Tournaments Event Manager to, together with the Head of Event Operations, oversee the deliverables of the various CONMEBOL Club Competitions within the scope of work FC Diez Media has with the confederation.
As Tournaments Event Manager, the successful candidate will be required to help develop and manage a pool of event venue staff who will work at CONMEBOL club competition matches across the continent planning and delivering on-site commercial and other related event assets. Work will revolve mainly around the CONMEBOL Libertadores and CONMEBOL Sudamericana but support on other competitions such as women’s club competitions, youth club competitions and beach soccer club competitions will be required. Support towards the so-called “single finals” of the CONMEBOL Libertadores and CONMEBOL Sudamericana will be required from the Tournaments Event Manager as well.
The successful candidate will work closely with the FC Diez Head of Event Operations, with the Competitions department of CONMEBOL and with the Broadcast and Sponsorship teams of FC Diez Media to ensure successful and consistent event delivery of each and every matchday and to help create and foster a unique team sprit between the departments and within the organisation.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Together with the Head of Event Operations the Tournaments Event Manager will have the responsibility for the success (based on specific KPI’s) of the commercial and event delivery of all matches of CONMEBOL Club competitions focused mainly on the CONMEBOL Libertadores and CONMEBOL Sudamericana. The Tournaments Event Manager will also support on the preparation and operation of the so-called “single finals”.
- With the Head of Event Operations, recruit, train, brief and oversee a team of Venue Managers who will be responsible to implement the commercial and event rights of competition commercial and media partners and to duly oversee the delivery of CONMEBOL club matches in general.
- Help develop working procedures, guidelines, manuals and operational objectives. Creation of operational manuals for venue teams.
- Coordinate with event suppliers in potential areas such as signage, ticketing, accreditation and event operations.
- Conceptualise, develop, implement and deliver training materials, workshops and methods to all on-site venue management teams for the smooth and consistent operation of competition matchdays.
- Coordinate and implement the event signage, decoration and other deliverables together with the selected supplier who is responsible for the delivery of event assets related to branding and sponsorship visibility. Ensure quality and engage in quality control processes and procedures with venue teams and the selected supplier.
- Support the development and production of all documentation necessary for competition stakeholders (i.e. Clubs, Commercial Partners, Broadcasters, Suppliers). Work with the event manager responsible for document production to elaborate and perfect all operational manuals.
- Liaise closely with the Sponsorship department of FC Diez Media to support sponsorship development, sponsor activations on-site and to develop and implement corporate hospitality programmes for the in-season matches of CONMEBOL club competitions and add value and support to the “single finals” as well.
- Organise and deliver workshops for stakeholders such as Commercial Partners (in conjunction with the Sponsorship department) Venue Managers, suppliers and other stakeholders as required.
- Develop, modify and implement (through signage, branding and other elements as necessary) the brand of the various CONMEBOL club competitions as required.
- Planning, documentation and execution of Site Visits to participating club stadiums together with appointed Venue Managers. Transfer of knowledge and training of Venue Managers in preparation of Site Visits to club stadiums and delivery of competition requirements at CONMEBOL club competition matches.
- Support to the Commercial delivery and Broadcast implementation of the respective competitions as needed by the respective departments.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the sports event environment (preferably football). Ideal candidate will have worked in the sporting federation environment (as FC Diez Media works closely with a football confederation).
- An uunderstanding of the commercial, sponsorship and broadcasting environment of major sporting competitions.
- University degree with some educational background in business administration
- Fluency (written, spoken, comprehension) in English and in Spanish and ideally a good command of Portuguese.
- Flexibility to travel extensively within South America.
- Calm and pragmatic approach to work but also a quick thinker and quick delivery of responsibilities in a dynamic working environment. Organised approach and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal. communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and uncertain environments and to adapt to the changing course of responsibilities and requirements.
- Tenacity to meet deadlines and complete projects and tasks no matter how challenging or complex.
- Proven leadership qualities and previous experience in leading, guiding and managing a team of colleagues both in-house and from a distance (i.e. Venue Managers).
- Previous experience in working directly in football in South America.
- Knowledge of sports broadcasting and technical experience in the set-up and delivery of broadcasting of professional sporting events.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders (i.e. sponsors, broadcasters, suppliers) in the South American football and general sports environment.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
FC Diez Media maintains offices in Asuncion, Paraguay, Sao Paulo, Brazil and in Buenos Aires Argentina. The headquarters and main operational office of FC Diez Media sits in Asuncion and also acts as the main liaison between FC Diez Media and CONMEBOL. The office in Sao Paulo has a Marketing and Sponsorship delivery focus and the office in Buenos Aires is heavily involved in the success of the Broadcasting and Digital environments of CONMEBOL Club Competitions.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.