EVENT PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
- Department: Operations
- Reports To (title): Event Production Manager
- Location: Asunción, Paraguay
FC Diez Media is looking for an energetic candidate to assume the role of Event Production Coordinator to work within the Event Operations team to assist with the event deliverables and event production (i.e. signage, graphics, event materials) of the various CONMEBOL Club Competitions within the scope of work FC Diez Media has with the confederation.
As Event Production Coordinator the successful candidate will be required to support the Event Production Manager primarily in administrating CONMEBOL’s event production supplier(s) for the CONMEBOL Libertadores, CONMEBOL Sudamericana and other CONMEBOL competitions (as necessary). CONMEBOL’s event production suppliers work across the entire continent of South America designing, producing, installing and removing signage and event materials. The successful candidate will work closely with the FC Diez Event Production Manager and CONMEBOL suppliers to ensure a timely and correct delivery of all event materials for all CONMEBOL events. The Event Production Coordinator will assist the Event Production Manager to propose new and innovative signage, decoration and event materials for CONMEBOL. The successful candidate with be asked to work with and assist the Event Operations team and collaborate with a team of Venue Managers working across the ten (10) CONMEBOL territories.
The successful candidate will work within the Event Operations team and be required to collaborate with the Competitions department of CONMEBOL and with the Broadcast and Sponsorship teams of FC Diez Media to ensure successful and consistent event delivery of each and every matchday and to help create and foster a unique team sprit between the departments and within the organisation.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Prepare the logistics and execution of CONMEBOL Competition materials and track the inventory
- Plan and execute (via CONMEBOL suppliers) event production materials for competition matchdays
- Assist the Event Production Manager with approvals or materials, documents and processes
- Coordinate the distribution of event materials per CONMEBOL territory and per venue
- Verify the arrival, number and distribution of all materials for matchdays.
- Verify all materials for matches (materials, activations, executions etc.)
- Manage the overview of all materials (quality control, quantities, damages, replacements, etc.)
- Work with the Event Production Manager on “Single Finals” events as necessary and the production of other CONMEBOL events as required.
- Collaborate with the Event Operations team as necessary with Event Management Operations.
- As requested, work as Venue Manager in one of the CONMEBOL club competitions.
- Communicate (via Event Operations Manager) with Venue Managers working at the event sites in all CONMEBOL territories
- An interest to work in the sports event environment (preferably football) and working knowledge of the CONMEBOL Club Competitions (and ideally other international club football competitions). Previous experience working in a sporting environment preferred.
- Desire to work in the commercial, sponsorship and broadcasting environment of major sporting competitions and ideally some knowledge / experience in this environment.
- University degree with some educational background in business administration
- Fluency (written, spoken, comprehension) in English and in Spanish and ideally with a good command of Portuguese. Skillful written skills in Spanish (ideally in English and Portuguese as well).
- Flexibility to travel within South America.
- Calm and pragmatic approach to work but also a quick thinker and quick delivery of responsibilities in a dynamic working environment. Organised approach and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and uncertain environments and to adapt to the changing course of responsibilities and requirements.
- Tenacity to meet deadlines and complete projects and tasks no matter how challenging or complex.
- Positive attitude towards work, working in a dynamic team and able to contribute positively to a dynamic and changing working environment.
- Ideally with previous experience working in the professional sports event environment especially as it pertains to events and professional sports in South America.
- Calm demeanour and skilful attention to details both in written communication and in working methodology.
- Familiarity with event management, ideally within the football environment in South America.
- Knowledge of the signage and production environment in South America and materials and processes therein.
- Knowledge of sports broadcasting and technical experience in the set-up and delivery of broadcasting of professional sporting events.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders (i.e. sponsors, broadcasters, suppliers) in the South American football and general sports environment.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.