Contracts and Employment Paralegal - Paraguay
- Department: Legal/HR
- Reports To (title): Head of Legal / Head of HR
- Location: Asuncion, Paraguay
The Paralegal role will work within FC Diez Media’s Legal and HR teams with focus on daily contracts and labour issues. Although the role will have a clear primary task focus (as described below), it is deliberately broad in its scope. Reporting to the Heads of Legal and HR the successful candidate will provide a variety of administrative support as they relate to legal activities.
The dynamic, innovative and fast-paced nature of FC Diez Media’s business requires members of the Legal and HR teams to have excellent technical skills and be commercially astute, highly responsive and driven to fulfil the strategic objectives of the business.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Oversee all freelance agreements for LATAM.
- Assist in drafting and implementing employment contracts, hiring and onboarding processes.
- Draft and /or review company policies for accuracy and incorporate them into the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with directors and external law firms to coordinate review of agreements and signing of company documents.
- Maintain hard copy company books and documentation.
- Assist with the implementation of various corporate projects.
- Assist with management of due diligence processes.
- Initial responsibility for review of standard agreements submitted for execution prior to passing to the Head of Legal for final approval.
- Initial review of procurement/supply agreements.
- Helping to oversee and maintain Company’s contract approval and signing processes.
- Consider, develop and implement process improvements from time to time.
- Undergraduate degree and to have completed or be part-way through the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2-3 years' experience in a paralegal role or similar.
- Good grasp of PY, BR and ARG employment law and the ability to use information and analysis to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Possess ability to juggle a large workload and rapidly shifting priorities.
- High level of attention to detail, be highly trustworthy, discreet, and use good judgment.
- Fluency (written, spoken, comprehension) in English and in Spanish and ideally with a good command of Portuguese.
- Calm and pragmatic approach to work but also a quick thinker and quick delivery of responsibilities in a dynamic working environment.
- Organised approach and methodology.
- Interest in Sports Media
- Experience working with commercial agreements and employment law.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel within South America.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.