DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER - Paraguay
- Department: COO Office
- Reports To (title): Jay Neuhaus
- Location: Asuncion, Paraguay
FC Diez Media is looking for an energetic candidate to assume the role of Desktop Support Engineer to work supporting users with their desktop IT needs in the three entities in Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina and being the liaison with the IT Support Team at DAZN.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the support and maintenance of FCDiez Desktop and Mobile device inventory. Your role will involve being the point of reference for IT queries, relating to personal computers and business systems. The candidate should have up to date experience of hardware and software, as well as end user support skills both face the face and remotely to meet the needs of the company global business teams.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Maintain the business user infrastructure of desktops, laptops, mobile device and printers for PERFORM within a Service Desk environment.
- Carry out the regular proactive maintenance and administration tasks required to ensure stable and reliable office IT equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware issues on desktops, laptops, printing devices and mobile devices.
- Service Requests, Incident & Problem Management for internal users, with ownership of 1st and 2nd line response for all desktop, mobile & application issues.
- Ensure that all technical work is carried out in accordance with processes and frameworks necessary for the effective functioning of the Technology Department as a whole.
- Constantly strive to improve company performance and processes
- Able to prioritise tasks appropriately yet confident to escalate if unsure.
- Must have integrity and be trustworthy.
- Adherence to processes to ensure Service Desk tickets are completed effectively and to a high standard.
- Be proactive in recommending changes to Service Desk policies, procedures, technology and training, in order to improve effectiveness, efficiency and service quality.
- Experience with building, configuring and maintaining computers in an office environment.
- The ability to work with business users to understand their requirements, resolve their issues, and to develop personal technical skills.
- Familiarity with specifying equipment and dealing with suppliers is an advantage.
- Windows PC engineer experience (Windows7/8).
- Knowledge of infrastructure applications and services (Active Directory, MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, MS Exchange)
- Windows PC/server hardware build and maintenance (Dell/HP/IBM).
- General networking skills (TCP IP/DNS/DHCP).
- System installations in server rooms (Racking server equipment).
- Remote system management (RDP/VNC).
- Desktop and Server image software (Altiris/Ghost)
- Fluency (written, spoken, comprehension) in English and in Spanish and ideally with a good command of Portuguese.
- Flexibility to travel within South America.
- Mac OS X knowledge
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2010
- Good attention to detail.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE ROLE, THEN READ ON…
Formed as a unique alliance between two sports media giants, Perform and WME|IMG, FC Diez Media is a commercial vehicle created to drive commercial growth and deliver innovative development strategies for CONMEBOL and its club competitions.
This new venture holds responsibility for all global media rights sales and commercial consultancy across CONMEBOL Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa competitions; ranging from game presentation and competition formats to brand development and digital promotion. We were established at the start of 2018 and our goal is to elevate the CONMEBOL club competition products to world class standards and transform the digital experience for a global South American football audience.
Above all else is our love of football and belief that South American football represents the very best there is on offer. Our job is to bring that brand of football to the world, connecting a greater global audience than ever before.
Here is what you can expect from working at FC Diez Media
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment.
- A passionate, close knit team with a collaborative ethos.
- Involvement in high-profile football decision making
- The chance to bring South American football to fans all over the globe in new and innovative ways.
- The expertise and support of two of the world’s most successful sports agencies Perform and WME|IMG.